Job Title: Accountant/Bookkeeper
This position prepares journal entries, maintains and reconciles ledger accounts, serves as full charge bookkeeper for outside clients, including reconciling/entering bank statements, reconciling/entering credit card statements, and process payroll.
- Provides record of assets, liabilities and other financial transactions
- Balances books and prepares profit and loss, income and balance sheet statements and other month end reports.
- Maintains receipts and disbursements reports
- Works with all areas of the business on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors
- Assigning work and resolving problems may provide work leadership
- May prepare federal, state and local reports and tax returns
- Prepares financial statements and variance reports as required
- Review business processes and identify possible improvements with the goal of implementation
- Serves as a controller function/HR Manager for various clients
- All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 2 – 4 years of accounting experience executing the above listed responsibilities required
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify and resolve issues accurately in a timely manner
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from others in the organization.
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently in a changing business environment
- Microsoft word and excel required, knowledge of a major ERP system
- Highly detail oriented
WORKING ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This position is very fast paced and functions in a high energy/team oriented office in which you will not get bored.
Minimal travel is required to various clients’ offices and mileage is reimbursed.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00 to $35.00/hour
- Accounting: 2 years (Required)
TO APPLY: Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org